The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Inside Sales Professional opportunity you should have:
- A bachelor's degree in a science field or equivalent relevant experience
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a sales environment is strongly preferred
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- A self-starter mentality and the ability to manage time wisely
- Strong organizing and planning skills
- Proofreading abilities
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and attention to detail
- A team player outlook and the ability to work with a wide variety of personalities and work styles
- The ability to collaborate and jump in and help out where needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- A professional, courteous and friendly demeanor
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness
- Experience in laboratory settings
- Familiarity with ISO standards
- Experience with ERP systems
- Familiarity with QuickBooks
- Bilingual abilities (Spanish, Chinese, etc.)
The RoleReporting directly to the Sales Manager, as an Inside Sales professional for Sterlitech, you will be primarily responsible for a variety of tasks to support sales and the customer. You will answer customer calls, provide information and advice, and process orders.
We also receive orders via fax, email and our website, and you will help process these orders in a timely and efficient manner. You’ll print the order and enter it into Salesforce.com. From there, it is pushed into our ERP system, edited, processed and then the confirmation is sent. You’ll also follow up on the status of orders via email and phone as necessary and handle other aspects of customer service such as returns, product inquiries, stock checks, and more.
You’ll join a close-knit team that includes a Customer Service Representative and four Sales professionals. On a day-to-day basis, you’ll also work closely with a variety of other internal partners including our Production Planner, Buyer, Product Managers, Manufacturing liaison and our Shipping Department.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with processing customer orders via fax, email, web and telephone
- Handling customer inquiries for order updates, returns, and all aspects of customer service
- Maintaining and updating company sales database (Salesforce, CRM, Fishbowl)
- Providing timely follow-up to customer purchases
- Monitoring website chat customers (using Olark) and providing technical support as needed
- Generating customer quotes
- Running routine sales reports
- Traveling occasionally for industry events and one-on-one customer visits; we expect you will travel less than 10% of the time
Why SterlitechProfessional development — this role is an ideal platform for learning our business, becoming familiar with our customer base and acquiring product knowledge. Once you have proven yourself as a Sales Coordinator, you could set your sights on moving up into an Inside Sales Representative role. We're looking for professionals who are eager to establish a long-term career with our growing company.
Exposure and visibility — in this role you will get the opportunity to truly influence our customers and ensure we are providing the best experience possible. You’ll work with virtually every contact in our organization -- they will see your work and you can feel pride in your contribution.
Making the world a better place — from wastewater treatment plants to targeting diseases in Africa, our products are utilized in a a variety of applications and industries and help the scientific community tackle some of the world's major problems.
Autonomy and freedom — although this role is inherently task oriented, there is a great deal of creativity associated with it as well. We have procedures in place, but we also welcome your ideas and input on how to do things even better. You’ll have the freedom to bring your own techniques and style to the table, and help shape the future of the business.
Innovation — as part of our ongoing commitment to provide the latest innovations in filtration technology and other products, we are always releasing new items and specialty applications and updating our current inventory. We’re also looking to become ISO certified in the future.
Great team environment — we are proud of the family-oriented culture that we’ve cultivated here at Sterlitech. With 25 employees, we’re a smaller company, and you’ll find that people enjoy working here.
Resources and support – you’ll be given the information, tools, resources and support that you need in order to process each order and resolve every customer inquiry that comes across your desk. Additionally, you will also undergo extensive training in order to get to know our products and processes.
Excellent compensation — in addition to a competitive compensation plan, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and other insurances, a 401(k) plan, PTO, holidays and more.
Pictured: Our expanding line of specialty equipment and devices for water/wastewater analysis and microbiology/life science both complements our industry-leading filtration product line and offers comprehensive support for your laboratory's diverse needs and applications.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will possess excellent attention to detail combined with superb customer service skills. We average anywhere from 20 to 24+ orders a day, and each order is processed manually. We respond to some 200 inquiries a month. It’s safe to say that things move quickly around here, and you’ll be challenged to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and shift gears as necessary to support the needs of the business.
For example, at any given time you may have orders to be processed, sales support activities to take care of, and multiple incoming calls from customers on your plate. We’ll look to you to prioritize the tasks at hand and ensure that nothing is falling through the cracks or left incomplete. The purchase orders can be quite detailed and it will be essential that you can comb through each order and eliminate any errors.
About UsSterlitech Corporation’s portfolio covers an array of unparalleled filtration products designed to push the boundaries of:
- Execution of routine methods
- Membrane development
- Application innovation
- Small-scale Processing
Sterlitech is an industry leader focused in unique micro and sub-micron filtration products. We strive to support our customers by keeping them at the forefront of their industries, tailoring solutions to individualized needs, responding to the demands of emerging technologies and aligning with their visions including:
- Membrane filters to improve workers’ environments
- Systems to recover and reuse high value waste streams
- Disease detection devices and diagnostic tools
- Desalination and water resource conservation
Mission: To provide filtration products to scientists, entrepreneurs, and visionaries alike to transform ideas into reality.
Vision: Elevate quality of life by being part of the solution to big science problems.
Pictured: Sterlitech’s comprehensive range of membrane, syringe, and capsule filters are exclusively selected to represent the industry’s highest quality manufacturing standards, product performance, and application support for laboratory-scale filtration.